Posted: October 5, 2011
Status: now accepting applications
CORPORATE & GROUP SALES REPRESENTATIVE
LongIslandWineCountry.COM has been named one of the top 10 wine tours in the World by Travel & Leisure magazine!
LongIslandWineCountry.COM VIP Tours and Corporate Events Division is looking for an aggressive, seasoned sales representative to cultivate corporate wine tours and events. This position has flexible hours and unlimited earning potential. With more than 100,000 companies in the New York Tri-State region, the potential for generating fresh leads is endless.
This position is an independent contractor position. We pay a generous 7 to 10% commission depending on package. Our reps have the potential of earning $300 to $800 per sale.
- Online research and telephone calls to corporate HR managers and event planners
- When requested, meeting with potential clients
- Demonstrating & distributing sales materials
- Creation of written proposal & contract
- Follow-up with prospective clients
- Weekly reporting to Sales Manager
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Meticulous attention to details and superior organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives for an event
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and strategic partners
- Persuasive communication skills and self-possession in presentation
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to understand and negotiate contracts
- Flexibility and ability to push through indecision and ambiguity to deliver results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work
- True service ethic, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
- Interest in national affairs, politics, business, cuisine and the arts
- Highest proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, notably Microsoft Excel
- College degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Past event planning experience
- Corporate event planning experience
- B to B Sales experience
- Knowledge and love of wine and food
- Food and Beverage background
Successful candidates will be considered for management position as the company continues expansion of sales and territories.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates must email the following:
- Cover letter with brief explanation as to why you feel that you are an
ideal fit for the position
- Updated resume
Note: Pay careful attention to the above. If an email is received that does not include 1 plus 2, it will be deleted.
Email to: email@example.com
Please do not contact us via telephone. We will reach out to qualified candidates within 2 weeks of receipt of their email.
Thank you and good luck.
Must have information For the best values in wine today.
Simply Enter Your Name, address & E-mail Address below to receive your
Complimentary copy & our monthly Email newsletter about Long Island Wines.
by Christopher J Davies
blog is produced by Christopher J. Davies, co-founder of Wine Country
Network. Global in perspective, the author interviews travel industry
experts, airline executives, hoteliers, celebrity chefs, sommeliers,
mixologists, winemakers and proprietors, photographers and spa/wellness
Island Wine Country.Com
VIP GROUP TOUR & Events:
in premium quality wine & cuisine educational programs.
Corporate, organizational and alumni group Tours are our specialty.
Great 2011 weekday & weekend dates available!
We offer professional service, 7 days per week. We are proud that
90% of our business is repeat business!
Call Christopher for a consultation & written price quote.
FREE 866-946-3268 or
720 302-3666 mobile.
Wine Country Network®
We’re proud to be considered the East
Coast’s leading wine tour & event specialists!
now accept all major credit cards! Amex, Visa, Master Card &